Consistent school attendance is an essential part of your child’s academic success and is an expectation of all Patton Elementary School students. Submit an attendance slip or e-mail: Monica Alvizo at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only documented illnesses are considered excused absences. Trips and vacations scheduled during school days are unexcused absences.
- When returning to school after an absence, a student must bring a note to the front office, signed by the parent that describes the reason for the absence. Students are expected to provide written documentation for each absence within two school days after the student returns to school.
- An electronic phone message will be sent to the primary contact of any student who is marked with an unexcused absence. On the third unexcused absence within a four-week period, the district’s central office generates a letter that is mailed home to the parent or guardian of the student. After the tenth unexcused absence, it is the legal responsibility of the school to file truancy charges against the parent or guardian of the child with the Travis County Justice of the Peace. The consequences of this truancy charge can include a fine of up to $500.00 for each offense.
- Please e-mail your child’s teacher when you know they will be absent. If you include our Attendance Specialist, Monica Alvizo at email@example.com with your student’s name as well as the date and reason for absence, then the note will be submitted.
- At Patton, classes begin at 7:30 am. If your child is not in their classroom by 7:45 am they will receive a tardy. If arriving after 8:00 am, you and your child must come to the office to sign in and obtain a tardy permit.
- Any child who is checked out before 2:30 pm will also receive a tardy.
- A tardy can only be excused with a note from a medical professional.